Hi everybody, I’m Tori
I’m an American SLP who has been living and working in Australia since 2016. Thanks for your support and for visiting my blog!
Here’s a little condensed version of my SLP life and the making of this blog:
- Received my Bachelor of Arts in Communicative Sciences and Disorders at Michigan State University (Go Green!)
- Decided to go to grad school in California, and received my Master of Science in Communicative Disorders at the University of Redlands
- Completed my clinical fellowship year (CFY) at an acute care hospital in Michigan
- Worked at said hospital for four+ years
- Got burnt out at my job – decided I needed to change things up & also wanted to travel
- Thought about doing travel therapy in the US, but decided to come to Australia
- Worked as an au pair for my first four months in Australia
- Never went back home for good, got certified and started working as a speech pathologist here in Australia
- Wrote a guest blog about working as a speech pathologist in Australia
- Three years later, am still being contacted and receiving e-mails from the guest blog that I did
- Decided I would start up my own blog, which turned into Speech Down Under
During my time in Australia, I lived in Darwin (Northern Territory) for about seven months, spent a bit over two years in Sydney (New South Wales), and am currently residing in Perth (Western Australia).
In the US, I worked in an acute care hospital. In Australia, I have worked in acute care at a public hospital, in acute care at a private hospital, as a contractor for private practices, and as a contractor for an aged care group.
In my down time, I enjoy spending time upside down (doing handstands), practicing yoga, doing gymnastics, running, hiking, spending time in the sun/at the beach, being a crazy plant person, baking, learning & trying new things, and obviously – traveling.
Let’s be friends – send me a message.